BATW Planet Earth Awards 2017
Best Travel Article or Essay for Planet Earth
These special awards recognize travel writing that helps to sustain or enhance the unique and valuable character of a place—its environment, culture, aesthetics, heritage, and/or the well-being of its residents.
- Who Is Eligible to Enter? Open to all writers, journalists, and authors around the world.
- Enter Articles and Essays: Minimum 750 words for each entry. (Advertorials, and work produced under contract for commercial promotion, are not eligible.)
- Publication Dates: Entries must have been published in print or online between August 15, 2015, and August 15, 2016.
- Deadline: Entries must be submitted online by midnight, Pacific Daylight Time, August 15, 2016.
- Entry Fees: $30 per individual entry; $20 per each additional entry (you may submit as many entries as you wish).
Note: Submissions must be accompanied by the required entry fee and must be dated by the deadline.
How to Enter
- Complete Online Registration Form: Include your name, mailing address, email, and phone number. Enter the publication name and publication date of each entry, and a link to each entry (be sure the link works!).
Registration: Access the online registration form here.
To see a list of judges for Planet Earth Travel Awards 2017, click here.
Prizes! Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners will be awarded in February 2017.
- Gold: $200
- Silver: $150
- Bronze: $100
Winners will be notified by email, and will receive prizes and award certificates by mail.
Promotion: News releases will be sent to San Francisco Bay Area, national, and international media, and will be posted on BATW.org and social media.