Laurie King says:
“The launch party for my second collection of travel stories, Your Crocodile has Arrived: More true stories from a curious traveler, will be on Saturday evening, August 19, at Book Passage in Corte Madera. All BATW members are invited to attend. (And bring guests!) Festivities begin at 7 p.m.
Because one of the stories in this book is called “Chocotherapy,” the party will be chocolate-themed. (I thought that would be tastier than a crocodile-themed event.) I’ll read a short excerpt from the story about the chocolate massage I received in Seville, but we won’t be having actual massages at the book launch. Nevertheless, I promise the chocolate will be memorable.”
About the book:
Whether your taste runs to crocodiles or chocolate, ancient relics or flying saucers, you’re sure to find entertainment and illumination in this collection of 21 true stories. Join in as Laurie…
- Makes a pilgrimage to see a 2,500-year-old tooth.
- Checks out the world’s largest earthworms — some are as much as twenty feet long.
- Receives a full-body chocolate massage.
- Participates in a shamanic ayahuasca ritual.
- Learns the secrets of alien spaceship propulsion — from an Ivy-League astrophysicist.