The 2018 Visit California “Eureka! Travel Writing Awards” are now accepting submissions – until EOD January 9 (see below)!
California-based editorial content decision makers and creators across broadcast, digital and print media platforms are encouraged to enter the competition with a qualifying submission from works published between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Magazine Feature Entry (Print)
- Newspaper Feature Entry (Print)
- Digital Feature Entry (Online-Only News/Feature Outlet or Magazine/Newspaper Website)
- Digital Influencer of the Year (Digital Platform for a Travel Online Influencer)
- Broadcast Entry (TV, Radio, or Podcast)
- Best In-State Placement (Broadcast, Digital, Influencer or Print)
This year Visit California welcomes special guest judge Karna Hughes, Director of Communications with Visit Santa Barbara, to assist in judging entries from California’s most talented travel writers and content creators!
To be eligible for the competition:
- The entrant must be a California-based content decision maker or content creator. He or she must live within the state more than six consecutive months in the year;
- Content must focus entirely on California travel/lifestyle experiences or profile a Californian personality;
- Submissions in categories 1-5 must be in an outlet that targets an out-of-California audience or readership. This is required as Visit California’s mandate is to attract visitors located outside the Golden State.
Enter now. Click here to enter your submission and make sure you review the competition guidelines! Submissions can only be made via the submission tool on media.VisitCalifornia.com. Mailed print entries will not be accepted.
NOTE: Entries are due by end of day Tuesday, January 9, 2018. Submissions and questions can be directed to the following email address: CAEurekaAwards@aboutdci.com