Tweet Like a Millennial! Instagram Cross Continents! Podcast on the Road!
Chock-Full October BATW Meeting – Oct. 20
On Saturday, Oct. 20, we jive at the Savanna Jazz Club in San Carlos. Yes, there’s a jazz club in San Carlos in the center of San Mateo County. Who knew? Well, you will if you attend this peppy gathering. Savanna Jazz, located at 1189 Laurel St., San Carlos, will host BATW for the October monthly meeting with a light breakfast and a stunning venue. Savanna Jazz is a fun, intimate, award-winning jazz club, committed to the revitalization of the art form, through lectures, seminars, music competitions and clinics for the purpose of engaging the young and the community at large. We’ll see the inside of a jazz club with the lights on.
After the brief BATW meeting and announcements, we’ll hear presentations and discussion by the following young luminaries:
- Anne Lowery, with 18,000 tweets under her belt, just returned from Japan
- Valerie Stimac, lover of trees, Instagram expert, space tourism expert with 42.5k followers
- Mathew Félix on podcasts on the road
- Others still signing up to share their craft with BATW
After the spellbinding educational presentation by these social media mavens, BATW will meet the following:
- Dominick Chirichillo of Domenico Winery
- Paul Rogerville of Cuvee Winery
- Chris Garrett of Devil’s Slide Brewing Co.
They will discourse on the benefits of the San Mateo wine and brew. It’s rumored that there will be a wine raffle, a favorite event of BATW members.
This meeting and venue were arranged by the San Mateo County/Silicon Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau, spearheaded by Juan Camero (who carried the heaviest load for this event). Much gratitude to Juan and all.
San Mateo County Attractions and Restaurants
Hiller Aviation Museum – https://www.hiller.org/
San Mateo County History Museum – http://www.historysmc.org/
Donato Enoteca (Italian) – http://www.donatoenoteca.com/
LV Mar (Latin) – http://lvmar.com/
La Viga (Mexican) – http://lavigaseafood.com/
Angelica’s (American) – http://www.angelicasllc.com/
Martin’s West Gastropub – https://www.martinswestgp.com/
My favorite San Carlos restaurant is Town, a few doors away from the Savanna Jazz Club. If you plan to stay the day in San Mateo County, book now at Town because this restaurant is amazing and always full.
Directions to Savanna Jazz
For those driving to Savanna Jazz;:Savanna Jazz is located at 1189 Laurel St., San Carlos, CA 94070; here are the directions:
From San Francisco:
- Take US-101 South towards San Jose
- Take exit 411 for Brittan Avenue
- Continue onto Brittan Avenue
- Turn left onto Laurel Street
- Destination will be on the lefti
From San Jose:
- Take US-101 North towards San Francisco
- Take exit Whipple Avenue
- Use any lane to turn left onto Whipple Ave
- Turn right onto El Camino Real
- Turn left onto Belmont Ave
- Turn right onto Laurel St
- Destination will be on the right
- Take Caltrain to San Carlos Station
- Walk to Savanna Jazz, a 15-minute (0.8 miles) walk
Note: Please RSVP to your emailed invitation. Remember to bring a printout of your confirmation or your smartphone.
Coordinator: MJ Pramik (email@example.com)