BATW provides members with professional development and networking opportunities, access to newsworthy venues and press trips, and the opportunity to collaborate and develop friendships with other working travel journalists.
Membership benefits include:
- Monthly Meetings and educational panels. In 2023, professional development meetings will include: learning new writing, videography, photography, podcasting, social media skills and meetings with editors who are hiring freelancers. Some of these meetings will be on Zoom and others will be hosted events at newsworthy Bay Area venues.
- Opportunity to publish in BATW Travel Magazine and BATW Anthologies. Authors may submit books for purchase on the Marketplace on BATW.org.
- Networking with fellow travel journalists and editors, as well as opportunities to work with over 25 PR and destination members of BATW like Switzerland Tourism. Recent member collaborations include sharing book deals, using member photos for pub lished feature pieces and contract work with PR partners like [W]right on Communication’s https://www.explorebetter.com/.
- Hosted Press Trips (for general members)
- BATW’s Facebook group for informal research and discussion
- Press Credential (for general members)