BATW February Evening Meeting
February 15, 2012 – 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
NOTE NEW VENUE: 5th floor Social Hall at the Philippine Center, 447 Sutter St., San Francisco.
Thanks go to Lakshman Ratnapala for presenting this stellar evening (first evening meeting of the year!), arranging the new venue and securing all the prizes. Refreshments will be served.
Members, click here to register.
Meeting details and invitation:
BATW cordially invites you to join a voyage of discovery to Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, described by Mark Twain as “a dream of fairyland and paradise” and extolled by Friar Marignolli, Papal envoy to the Emperor of China, as so near to paradise, “the sound of the waters falling from the fountain of Paradise is heard there.”
The presenter will be Board Member Lakshman Ratnapala, Emeritus President & CEO of PATA and previously Sri Lanka’s Director of Tourism for the Americas based in New York. Lakshman is now Chairman of Enelar International, a global tourism management and marketing consultancy.
We hope to have a host of door prizes including:
- A round trip air ticket London – Colombo – London, courtesy of SriLankan Airlines
- 5-nights stay for 2 at Jetwing Blue beach hotel, Negombo, courtesy of Jetwing Hotels, Sri Lanka
- 3-nights stay at Mahaweli Reach Hotel, Kandy, courtesy of Mahaweli Reach Hotels, Sri Lanka
- Gift packs of the world’s finest pure Ceylon Tea, courtesy of Sri Lanka Tourism and Ceylon Express International
- National Geographic’s Visions of Paradise and Great Journeys of the World, courtesy of Lakshman Ratnapala
- Great American Travel Writings: A Journey Around America, courtesy of Lakshman Ratnapala
- Sunset Magazine’s A Century of Western Living: Historical Portraits, courtesy of Lakshman Ratnapala
- …… and more …… and more …….
Don’t miss out! RSVP today!