The BATW elections for the 2022 Board of Directors will be held Nov. 1- 15, 2021. As a member of the BOD, you can help make policy, create meetings and help grow our membership. Interested in serving? You must be a General, Credentialed member. This year, we have six spots up for election. Here’s the process for nomination.
- First step: Learn about the post. Talk to an existing Board member (see list below) about what’s involved. Please note: Serving on the Board has some perks, but requires commitment and work. You must be willing to head a committee, help plan at least one member meeting or press event each year, and work on a special project. Our bylaws also mandate that you can’t miss more than 2 meetings (we usually have four a year plus a January retreat that runs over two days).
- October 22. This is the deadline to submit a photograph and candidate statement of your reasons for wanting to serve, including specific interests, experience and qualifications. It’s best to be succinct: On the BATW website, the Members section under ELECTIONS for examples, then submit your statement and photo to Ginny Prior, BATW Executive Director, at email@example.com.
- November 1 – 15. Online balloting. The candidates and their statements will be posted and voting open for 15 days in the month of November. You may vote for up to 6 candidates. Note cumulative voting is not permitted
- November 15. Ballots are tallied and candidates are elected beginning with the candidate who receives the most votes and continuing until remaining open elected Board seats are filled.
- December Holiday Party. The new Board is announced and introduced to the membership at the annual holiday party—which we hope will be in person this year.
- Early in 2022: The newly elected BOD meets at an annual retreat to elect officers, set an agenda for the year and assign tasks according to members’ interests and abilities. If circumstances allow we may have a retreat meeting in person.
Questions? Contact Ginny Prior, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Judith Horstman email@example.com. Your 2021 BOD: Judith Horstman, Matthew Eley, John Williamson, Bob Cooper, Erin Caslavka, Alec Scott, Amy Sherman, Ed Walsh, Tom Wilmer.