FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Molly Blaisdell
April 28, 2021 (925) 300-7252
Luxury Travel Advisor We Make Travel Easy Announces
Exclusive Floriade Expo and River Cruise
(colorful photos available for media use)
Floriade is a Dutch horticultural event, held just once a decade and is the largest international floral expo. In 2022, for the seventh iteration of the expo, nature lovers and the sustainability-inclined will be heading to Almere, a modern “garden city,” which is close to Amsterdam. The theme of the 2022 Expo is “Growing Green Cities,” which will focus on the need to combine nature and cities. Around two million visitors are expected to the exposition.
Sandy Lipkowitz is the owner of We Make Travel Easy and a recent recipient of Conde Nast Traveler’s “2021 Top Travel Specialist” accolade. We Make Travel Easy’s Floriade 2022 and Beyond itinerary will feature this most important International Horticulture Expo.
In addition to the featured Floriade Expo, the Floriade 2022 and Beyond tour will include a post-Floriade private ship charter aboard the luxury AmaWaterways’ beautiful AmaPrima to experience several very special gardens in The Netherlands and Belgium. The ten-day itinerary is scheduled for May 29-June 7, 2022.
Additional Details about Floriade Expo 2022
Running from April to October, Floriade Expo 2022 will include an extensive number of exhibits and events, with the theme of “Growing Green Cities,” encompassing green food, energy and health. It’s a critical issue given that by 2050, almost 70% of the global population will live in cities on just 2% of the earth’s surface area. With this in mind, Floriade has committed to creating new buildings that will have a continued use in the future within the new city district of Hortus in Almere.
Additional Details/Itinerary for the Floriade 2022 and Beyond
May 29-June 7, 2022
Two-night pre-cruise in Amsterdam:
Day 1: Sunday, May 29, 2022
Amsterdam hotel check-in with Cruise Manager.
Welcome Reception and Briefing. Free time at night.
Day 2: Monday, May 30, 2022
All-day Floriade excursion
Cruise portion begins:
Day 3 (embarkation day/day one of cruise): Tuesday May 31, 2022
Custom tour to Aalsmeer Flower Auction–largest flower auction in the world, followed by second day at Floriade. Embarkation on AmaPrima in late afternoon.
Day 4 (Amsterdam): Wednesday June 1, 2022
Morning Amsterdam Canal Cruise, followed by cruise to Utrecht.
In Utrecht – choice of one of the following custom garden excursions.
- Custom Paleis Het Loo excursion with gardens OR
- Custom Vlinderhof Gardens (designed by Piet Oudolf)
Day 5 (Veere): Thursday June 2, 2022
- Morning – cruising the Delta.
- Afternoon – Veere walking tour with oyster tasting OR
- Bike tour OR
- Middleburg w/ Roosevelt house visit
Day 6 (Ghent): Friday June 3, 2022
- Morning – Ghent walking tour OR Bike tour
- Afternoon – Bruges highlight tour OR Ghent “Castle of the Counts of Flanders”
Day 7 (Brussels): Saturday June 4, 2022
- Morning – custom garden excursion at Rozentuin Coloma (Rose Garden) followed by choice of afternoon excursions.
- Afternoon – choice of city tour OR Chocolate Special Interest Tour OR Bike Tour
Day 8 (Antwerp): Sunday June 5, 2022
- Morning – custom garden excursion to Arboretum Wespelaar
- Afternoon – choice or Antwerp walking tour OR Beer OR Waffles & Chocolate OR Bike Tour
Day 9 (Dordrecht): Monday June 6, 2022
- Morning – custom garden excursion to Botanical Garden in Leiden
- Afternoon – Kinderdijk Windmills OR Bike Tour
Day 10 (Amsterdam): Tuesday June 7, 2022 – Disembark from ship in the morning
BOOKING INFORMATION AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
For more information and booking instructions,
please visit https://wemaketraveleasy.com/floriade-expo or call (415) 931-1945